Costa Rica Star
- Fri, 28 Aug 2015 13:00:07 +0000: Sympathy for the Devil? Man Runs Naked Through San Jose - Costa Rica Star News
It took more than two officers from Fuerza Publica, the national police force of Costa Rica, to take down a naked man who -for some reason- was chanting one of the many names of the chief spirit of evil and adversary of God; tempter of mankind; master of Hell, at least in the Judeo-Christian and Islamic faiths. According to a news report filed by metro reporter Manuel Estrada of daily tabloid Diario Extra, the incident occurred on Wednesday, around 8:35 in the morning, a time when many people in Costa Rica are commuting to their respective workplaces and classrooms. According...
The post Sympathy for the Devil? Man Runs Naked Through San Jose appeared first on Costa Rica Star News.
- Fri, 28 Aug 2015 12:45:41 +0000: Mayor of Alajuela Arrested in Costa Rica - Costa Rica Star News
Roberto Thompson, Mayor of the second largest and most populous city of Costa Rica, was arrested yesterday afternoon after being summoned to a regional precinct by prosecutors. He is expected to be booked on charges related to unlawful awards of liquor licenses, although an ongoing investigation suggests that other charges may be filed as well. According to a news report filed by Natasha Cambronero of national newspaper La Nacion, Mayor Thompson was in his office yesterday afternoon when agents from the local Office of Judicial Investigations (Spanish initials: OIJ) raided the Municipality. The presence of OIJ agents yesterday was not...
- Fri, 28 Aug 2015 11:00:29 +0000: Perfect for Musicians: Unique Cloud Forest Hotel in Costa Rica - Costa Rica Star News
LAS VEGAS, Aug. 27, 2015 /PRNewswire/ — Pure Hospitality Solutions, Inc., (OTC: PNOW) announced today, that the Guarumo, a rare Costa Rican amphitheater, cafe and chalet, has been added to the Oveedia database. Currently found only on Airbnb, Guarumo will opt to be exclusively listed on PURE’s dual database OTA software – Oveedia. Located in historic and world-famous Monteverde, Pure Hospitality adds a rare property to the Oveedia database, which is one of the most cherished, musician friendly properties in the country. Guarumo marks yet another independent property within the Central American-Caribbean region, choosing Oveedia to be its exclusive OTA. “Sergio Pacheco, a...
The post Perfect for Musicians: Unique Cloud Forest Hotel in Costa Rica appeared first on Costa Rica Star News.
- Fri, 28 Aug 2015 09:00:12 +0000: Peruvian Peasants Teach the World About Climate Change - Costa Rica Star News
By Carolina Cusirramos Lima, Aug 27 (EFE).– Aware of the threat that climate change poses to their livelihoods, rural communities in Peru are dealing with global warming by using both traditional and scientific techniques discussed in a new book, “Lecciones para la Tierra” (Lessons for the Earth). The book recounts 20 experiences from groups participating in a contest on adapting to climate change organized by the Environment Ministry, publisher Xabier Diaz de Cerio told EFE. Diaz de Cerio said the book’s purpose was to inspire other communities to address climate change in their own farms and fields. Among the case...
The post Peruvian Peasants Teach the World About Climate Change appeared first on Costa Rica Star News.
- Fri, 28 Aug 2015 09:00:03 +0000: Possible Djokovic vs. Nadal Match at U.S. Open in New York - Costa Rica Star News
New York, Aug 27 (EFE).– Serbian world No. 1 Novak Djokovic will take on Brazilian Joao Souza in the first round of the U.S. Open and could face Spain’s Rafael Nadal in the quarterfinals, while second-ranked Swiss Roger Federer will kick off his quest for a record sixth title in New York against Argentina’s Leonardo Mayer. Barring one or more upsets, Djokovic would square off in the tournament’s final eight against Nadal, a former No. 1 and two-time U.S. Open champion who must get past promising Croatian teenager Borna Coric in his opening match. The draw, unveiled Thursday, puts Djokovic...
The post Possible Djokovic vs. Nadal Match at U.S. Open in New York appeared first on Costa Rica Star News.
The Americas (Washington Post)
- Fri, 28 Aug 2015 23:25:03 +0000: An 8-year-old’s tragic illness tests Mexico’s ban on marijuana use - The Americas
In a country scarred by the drug war, parents fight to get marijuana oil for a girl with severe epilepsy.
- Fri, 28 Aug 2015 00:44:43 +0000: Guatemalan prosecutors urge president to resign amid scandal - The Americas
Otto Perez Molina’s government has been shaken by corruption scandals.
- Fri, 21 Aug 2015 23:46:43 +0000: An arugula-growing farmer feeds a culinary revolution in Cuba - The Americas
Artisanal agriculture has gained a toehold as the island pursues a sustainable future.
- Tue, 18 Aug 2015 15:25:00 +0000: For Mexicans, Trump’s bid is getting scarier - The Americas
Until recently, most Mexicans have treated the billionaire as an oddity rather than a serious politician. But that could change as he remains atop the polls.
- Mon, 10 Aug 2015 23:02:09 +0000: Mexican who led search for mass graves found shot to death - The Americas
Activist’s group had unearthed 129 bodies in Guerrero, where students went missing last year.