Costa Rica Star
- Tue, 01 Dec 2015 16:14:29 +0000: Cuba Issues Official Statement on Migrant Crisis in Costa Rica - Costa Rica Star News
Cuban Ministry of Foreign Affairs Press Release – A new round of migration talks was held between the delegations of Cuba and the United States, which were headed by Josefina Vidal Ferreiro, Director General of the United States Division at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs; and Edward Alex Lee, Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Western Hemisphere Affairs. During the meeting, both Parties reviewed the implementation of the Migration Accords between the two countries and exchanged on the combat against illegal migration. The Cuban delegation reiterated its profound concern over the continued politicization of the migration issue with regard to Cuba...
The post Cuba Issues Official Statement on Migrant Crisis in Costa Rica appeared first on Costa Rica Star News.
- Tue, 01 Dec 2015 15:41:11 +0000: U.S. Applies Travel Restrictions and Greater Passenger Scrutiny - Costa Rica Star News
Washington, Nov 30 (EFE).– The U.S. government on Monday announced changes in its visa policy, known as the Visa Waiver Program, or VWP, which benefits citizens from 38 countries, due to the recent Paris attacks and the “ongoing threat” represented by foreign terrorists. In a communique, the White House set forth the changes that will be introduced into the VWP program, which permits citizens of more than three dozen – mainly European – countries to travel to the United States without needing to get a visa for visits focusing on business or tourism and lasting no more than 90 days....
The post U.S. Applies Travel Restrictions and Greater Passenger Scrutiny appeared first on Costa Rica Star News.
- Mon, 30 Nov 2015 21:29:10 +0000: Tattoos Help Homeless Pets in Costa Rica for Christmas - Costa Rica Star News
Fans of tattoos and body art in Costa Rica will be able to get inked for a good cause this holiday season. According to a news report filed by Paula Ruiz of national news daily La Prensa Libre, two tattoo artists wish to help homeless pets by offering discounted body art before Christmas. Cuban tattoo artists Judiel Noel and Frank Enamorado will set up shop at La Rosa Negra (The Black Rose), a body art and piercing studio located near Chinatown in Downtown San Jose, this Sunday December 6th from 9:00 am to 8:00 pm. They will be accepting donations...
The post Tattoos Help Homeless Pets in Costa Rica for Christmas appeared first on Costa Rica Star News.
- Mon, 30 Nov 2015 20:40:10 +0000: Manuel Antonio Retreat Lets You “Name Your Own Price” - Costa Rica Star News
San Jose, Costa Rica — (ReleaseWire) — 11/30/2015 — James Rick also known as “Mr. Full Potential” is offering his “Unleash Your Full Potential” a personal development, meditation, yoga retreat in Manuel Antonio on Dec 5th through 10th in a unique way: “Name Your Own Price”. The retreat is all-inclusive: including accommodations, food, lessons and adventure. Attendees just pay their way to get there and then everything is covered. Costa Rica is an international travel destination with many life experts, yoga teachers and spiritual gurus holding retreats throughout the year but the “Name Your Own Price” is a new and...
The post Manuel Antonio Retreat Lets You “Name Your Own Price” appeared first on Costa Rica Star News.
- Mon, 30 Nov 2015 16:00:37 +0000: Amazon Tribe Believes Climate Change Conference is Just Politics - Costa Rica Star News
Leticia, Colombia, Nov 30 (EFE).– While world leaders seek to negotiate an agreement in Paris to deal with the threat posed by global warming, an Indian tribe living under the Amazon rainforest’s vast green canopy remains skeptical about the COP21 summit in the French capital, saying that the damage caused to the planet cannot be reversed. The chief of the Huitoto people, Hitoma Safiama, sat inside his “maloka,” or hut, in the middle of the forest and said that COP21 would have “pure words” and “lots in theory, and nothing in practice.” “They are meeting in France, but what are...
The post Amazon Tribe Believes Climate Change Conference is Just Politics appeared first on Costa Rica Star News.
The Americas (Washington Post)
- Tue, 01 Dec 2015 06:36:54 +0000: Venezuela heads for pivotal election, without a referee - The Americas
U.S. officials and others worry that Dec. 6 elections could lead to a new crisis in the country.
- Tue, 01 Dec 2015 05:35:16 +0000: In the Amazon, the ‘world’s most endangered tribe’ has few options - The Americas
What happened when three indigenous people came out of the forest shows how precarious life is for their Awá tribe.
- Sat, 28 Nov 2015 17:15:16 +0000: Budget woes threaten Mexico’s reputation as a conservation leader - The Americas
Environmentalists see a planned six- million-acre desert reserve as a test of the government’s commitment.
- Thu, 26 Nov 2015 03:55:16 +0000: Local opposition leader reportedly assassinated in Venezuela - The Americas
Luis Diaz, head of the Democratic Action party in central Venezuela, was fatally shot, the party said.
- Mon, 23 Nov 2015 21:16:22 +0000: Does Argentina’s pro-business vote mean the Latin American left is dead? - The Americas
Incoming President Mauricio Macri brings a new pragmatism to the office, reflecting a regional trend.