Costa Rica Star
- Thu, 17 Aug 2017 13:58:17 +0000: Racial Confrontations Come to Fore in U.S. as Media Focuses on Divisions - Costa Rica Star News
Editor’s note: The views expressed by guest columnists are not necessarily those of The Costa Rica Star, its advertisers, or its staff. The impromptu take down of a Confederate monument Monday night in downtown Durham, North Carolina, without any police stepping in to stop the destruction shows just how scared local law enforcement is of racial confrontations. What happened Saturday in Charlottesville, Virginia — a two-sided protest involving the removal of a Civil War statue of Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee on his horse erected in 1904 — led to the deaths of a woman and two Virginia State Troopers when...
The post Racial Confrontations Come to Fore in U.S. as Media Focuses on Divisions appeared first on Costa Rica Star News.
- Thu, 17 Aug 2017 12:58:14 +0000: Arenal, Costa Rica’s Nayara Resort Opens Sloth Sanctuary - Costa Rica Star News
Nayara Resorts near Arenal Volcano have expanded their resident sloth population to 15 recently, reported the travel news industry. The resorts, Nayara Springs and Nayara Resort, Spa & Gardens, which have won numerous awards and recognition for their stunning natural surroundings and luxurious amenities and service, give guests views of Arenal Volcano while soaking in mineral springs. Starting with two sloths when the hotel was built, the reports have now become a sanctuary for a cluster of these slow-moving, tree-inhabiting mammals, according to a report in Luxury Travel Advisor magazine. With at least 300 Cecropia trees dotting the property, the...
The post Arenal, Costa Rica’s Nayara Resort Opens Sloth Sanctuary appeared first on Costa Rica Star News.
- Thu, 17 Aug 2017 06:42:52 +0000: 250 artworks by Costa Rican artists in exhibition in Escazú, - Costa Rica Star News
“Costa Rican Art Masters’ Fair” is the name of the exhibit that will be showcasing close to 250 works from over 40 Costa Rican artists in the Gallery 11-12 in Plaza Itzkatzú, Escazú. The exhibit will summarize over 100 years of Costa Rican art history. “We want to follow up in an activity that began in 1986 and that since then has had the goal of promoting art as part of the national identity through history”, said Mario Matarrita, director of the Gallery. Emilio Span, Rafa Fernández, Fernando Carballo, Manuel de la Cruz, Fausto Pacheco, Margarita Bertheau, Jorge Gallardo, Enrique...
The post 250 artworks by Costa Rican artists in exhibition in Escazú, appeared first on Costa Rica Star News.
- Thu, 17 Aug 2017 04:48:22 +0000: Visa Infinite Dining Series – Enjoy a different culinary experience - Costa Rica Star News
The first edition of Visa Infinite Dining Series in Costa Rica is already here, a gastronomy event that includes 12 of the country’s best restaurants. The offer is for holders of Visa Infinite, Signature or Platinum cards, and it is available through the end of September, “an entrée to unique culinary experiences” and the opportunity to share with renown national chefs. Visa Infinite Dining Series Costa Rica offers two different activities: La Mesa del Chef (The Chef’s Table): Executive chefs of some of the best restaurants in Costa Rica will cook exclusively for the participants. This alternative is available from...
The post Visa Infinite Dining Series – Enjoy a different culinary experience appeared first on Costa Rica Star News.
- Thu, 17 Aug 2017 03:33:11 +0000: Almonds & Corals Hotel, an Amazing Destination in the Costa Rican Caribbean - Costa Rica Star News
Located in Manzanillo, Puerto Viejo, Limon, the hotel Almonds and Corals has over 24 years offering accommodations that blend in with the lush nature that surrounds it. Almonds and Corals is a small, family owned hotel that started out with only one room in 1993, and has evolved throughout the years to where now it has 24 suites, each of them with hot water, Wi-Fi, jacuzzi tub, among other amenities; the prices range from $145.00 to $245.00 a night depending on the type of suite you want and of course the season. The suites are not luxurious but have everything...
The post Almonds & Corals Hotel, an Amazing Destination in the Costa Rican Caribbean appeared first on Costa Rica Star News.
The Americas (Washington Post)
- : Canada brings tempered optimism to upcoming talks on renegotiating NAFTA - The Americas
The Trudeau government has forged positive ties with the United States but is still prepared for a tough battle.
- : In Venezuela, the economy may yet do what the opposition couldn’t - The Americas
Even as President Nicolás Maduro cements political power, a looming debt crisis threatens his government.
- : Canada’s infrastructure projects take off while Trump’s plans sputter - The Americas
The country ranks lower on infrastructure quality than the U.S. But new initiatives may change that.
- : Venezuela’s chief prosecutor, a leading critic of President Nicolás Maduro, is ousted - The Americas
Luisa Ortega Díaz vows to keep fighting for human rights and democracy.
- : Venezuela ushers in new pro-government chamber as opposition struggles to regroup - The Americas
The assembly, picked in elections Sunday, further cemented the power of President Nicolás Maduro.